Thursday, July 15, 2010

A new report on Artfire

Okay, I'm really, really liking Artfire these days - and I think I'll continue to do so the more I get to know it.  It has a lot of great functions that I haven't found elsewhere, the artists/craftspeople on there are extremely generous with sharing their support and knowledge with each other -- and I'm finally starting to get sales.  I think this venue is a keeper - and at this time, July 2010, I highly recommend it.  As I may have said before, I first had a "basic," reduced-function membership at no cost.  But I received an offer from them for a $1.00 fee for "Pro" membership for the month of July, no contract required, so what did I have to lose.  I have really worked it hard this month and will continue to do so.  I have had only a few sales, admittedly, but I see real potential here.  And the price is certainly right -- if I continue to have more and more sales.  It's $15.95 a month, flat fee, and no percentage fee with sales, just the flat monthly fee.  That's it. 

I will add one thing, though:  This site definitely has to be marketed.  It doesn't have the following that Etsy has, nowhere near it.  But look out!  I think if things go as it appears they're going on it, it's going to be well-known someday.  I'll continue to report on it and the other venues I've been checking out as time goes on, but so far, it's my favorite new one.

2 comments:

gelie said...

they are really very beautiful paintings... I loved dogs and cats but there are characteristics of dogs that show more emotion for humans.. I always believed that treated with much love and concern our pet will always respond the same way...
Your paintings speaks not just of great beauty but love.. Well, that is my point of view...

Barbara said...

Dottie, you really have a way with words and paint. Its a very ambitious goal for your self, one painting a day. I could never do it. But you do not shirk from a challenge!