Saturday, July 10, 2010

Re my running commentary on online art/crafts sales venues

Well, I don't have a whole lot to report at this time.  I got a couple of sales on Artfire.com, but they were to other artists/vendors on the site - due to my having made comments in the discussion forums.  Absolutely no "outside" sales.  However, in fairness to artfire, I haven't had (or taken) the time to do much marketing, either.  I'll keep working with it, I think, though, just to see how it goes if I give it more of a chance.

Etsy is still going strong, although it's slowed down a bit I think because it's summertime.  I still haven't checked back with 1000 Markets, but I promise I will soon.  I'm also looking at another venue now, too, but so far, I haven't done much yet with it:  It's called http://www.fineartamerica.com/.  There's supposedly a free membership or a $30 annual membership.  I'll report my findings on it probably next week (we've got a camping trip coming up for a few days!  Horray!)

No comments: