Monday, August 30, 2010

Why You're Not Hearing Much from me These Days

I've been awfully busy lately and will continue to be for at least a few more weeks because -- along with my daughter, son-in-law, and little eight-month-old Elena, my granddaughter, we're moving to Florida at least for the next few months where my daughter and son-in-law have a house they're trying to sell.  We'll still have our house here in Oregon, too. 

I'm finishing up two commissioned paintings I've been working on, and I'll try to list images of them when I'm finished with them, but that may have to wait, too, because after next week, I'll pretty much be without a computer.  I'll have my laptop, but it's old and very, very slow. 

If you're one of the people who have commissioned a painting with me more recently, you probably already know all this information; but if you somehow missed it, that's one of the reasons I told you that you won't be getting your painting until either early or mid October.  By then, I should have at least a functioning studio set up and be able to paint again.

The scariest part of this whole move is this (I'll take any suggestions, advice anyone is willing to give, too!):  My daughter and son-in-law are traveling by vehicle across the country (from Oregon to Florida), and a week later, I'm flying with Elena so she doesn't have to be in a car seat for days on end.  We've been doing what we can to prepare her for being without her parents, but the whole thing is really scary.  We've gotten her used to formula in the past few days, and she seems to like it fine now.  Sleep time, I don't know how that's going to work out because (against my advice!!! only joking - a little bit) she sleeps in the same bed with her parents, so I don't know how she's going to be with me there instead.

The flight is a bit scary, too, but I've been reading advice online about how to handle it, so I guess the good news is it'll be over in a few hours, even if she screams the entire flight.  Poor, poor fellow passengers . . .  Maybe it'll go well.  I'm taking lots of new toys, the formula (I guess I can maybe get warm water from the attendants? If not, I guess she'll have to drink it cold, the baby carrier, a changing pad, diapers, wipes, a change of clothing, snack foods for her. 

Anyway, that's why I haven't been posting any images lately!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Nita said...

This is just blogwalking but I love your paintings^_^ and dogs too........ I love drawing, especially manga(Japan comics) It is one of my passion. Keep on painting^_^

Dottie said...

Thanks so much, Nita!