Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fawn Cocker Spaniel Lying on Blue

This is a cocker spaniel, a fawn, painting that I just finished today.      I really enjoyed this painting.  It's on a 16x20x3/4" canvas, and the sides are painted the same blue as the background.  It's wired and ready to hang as-is (no staples), or it can be framed as well.

I have it for sale on my website http://www.dottiedracos.com.  It sells for $200, plus $25 shipping and insurance.

I'm finally getting back to painting full-time again.  The next painting I'm doing is from some photos I took of a dragonfly on a fence.  I think it will be a good painting -- I hope, anyway!

I finally am getting around, too, to start painting in water-miscible oils.  I just bought a starter set a few days ago, and the dragonfly is the first that's going to have the oils.   I plan to do an underpainting with the acrylic paints for a couple of reasons:  First of all, I have a ton of them and feel I should use them all.  But secondly, and more importantly, I want the underpainting to dry fairly quickly so I can continue the painting right away.

I guess with the oils (which I haven't used in many, many years because of the solvents in the older ones), I'll have to have several paintings going at once so that the paint layers can dry a bit in between each application.

I'll be sure to report on how it goes with the water-miscible ones.  It'll be a fun new thing to try.

No comments: