Thursday, July 5, 2012

Yes, I am Alive

I'm still having problems painting, but I'm still working on it.  Unfortunately, I spent nearly a month working on a single much-too-difficult-for-me landscape painting, which I'll build up my nerve and post in the next few days.  It's a painting from some photos I took of a Grand Canyon trip I took quite a few years ago and had meant to paint someday.  I've only recently started doing landscape paintings, and I have a lot (a really LOT) to learn, it turns out.  I had no idea there were so many different greens!!!

Also, if anyone is interested, I am back at Portland Saturday Market again; so if you're going down there, check with the information booth (the red booth near the fountain at the "entrance" to the market) to find out where my booth is, and stop by and say hi.  It's good to be back down there, and I hope just again being among people who like my work will give me more confidence in my painting.  I did sell a large original painting last weekend, so that helped my ego a lot, I must say.

No comments: