Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Going to be a bit silent for a while

I've recently received a rather large commission, seven Jersey cow paintings of varying sizes, due within a month, so I'm not going to be doing much of anything else besides these Jersey cow paintings.  I've had the order for about a week so far and have roughed in (put down my base coats) all but the largest one, which is around 3 x 4 feet.  Believe me, I'm going to know Jersey cows when I'm done with this project.

Also, I might add:  I am doing extra Jersey cow paintings, too, as I'm finishing up this project, so I'll have some other Jersey cow paintings available for sale to the general public.  They'll be mostly in the 16x20" to 24x30" sizes, on gallery-wrapped canvases.  I'll publish them as they are finished.  Further, I have recently gone on a photo-shoot in a field of Guernsey cows, so I'll be doing some Guernsey paintings as well.  Plus, I was able to get some great photos to work from for at least a couple of sheep paintings.  I'll be going back to the field of sheep for more photos sometime this summer, so I'll be doing more of them.

Yes, I know it seems that my dog-painting business has gone to the ---- cows.  I am still going to continue to paint dogs, but I really, really do want to branch out and do more animals and more varied work overall.  I'm still just dying to do some landscape paintings, and I really hope this is the year I get to do so.  Some of my farm animal paintings, in fact, are going to be part farm animal painting and part landscape.   Painting is soooooo exciting!!!  How lucky am I to have such a stimulating, demanding, exciting career!

No comments: