Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Newfoundland Landseer Puppy

It's been a while since I've added any paintings to my blog, but it doesn't mean I haven't been working! Well, that's another story . . .

Here's the latest little painting I've finished. It's a Landseer Newfoundland puppy, named Charlie. He's a beauty, I think.

I created this painting after someone sent me photos of her dog, not a commission, but just because I make the offer that if someone sends me photo(s), I may or may not paint their dog, depending on what I think of the photos. These photos I loved, so I painted the painting, let the owner know I had painted it, and sold it to her at my regular 8x10 price of $150, plus shipping (commissioned 8x10's start at $250 for a full body like this one). If you want to take the same chance, that I might paint your dog (or cat), and make it available for sale (to you first, only if you want it, though) email me (dottie@wildwildthings.com) and I'll tell you what to do.

2 comments:

I don't know anything said...

Hi Dottie-
I met you at the Saturday Market last weekend. I love your work and so appreciate the time you gave to me to explain your process and your enthusiastic embrace of painting.
Here is my website for pet owners, just to share a little of what I do:
www.katedavismsw.net
My inactive blog will show up on this posting too.
Kate

I don't know anything said...

P.S. I LOVE the Newfie!
Kate