Friday, May 28, 2010

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Ruby

This is a ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I painted recently for a customer.  The original is sold, but there are prints and pendants available.

I'm going to be posting quite a few images this evening, but I don't know if they'll be in the order I produced them because I've been really busy lately and haven't had a chance even to think!  Just paint.  They're all within two or three weeks of each other, though, and I'll try to keep them somewhat in a chronological order -- if that matters. 

Oh, regarding my endeavors to be looser and brighter, it's meeting with only limited success.  I manage to do one like that, and then I'm back to painting individual hairs and worrying about being nearly photo-realistic again.  Gotta loosen up! 

No comments: