Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Long Story - We're all back in the USA now

This is a bit of a sad post, and I won't say much because it's very upsetting to my family and to me.  We are all back in the USA to live now.  Something went very, very wrong in Denmark regarding other family members there, and we found it necessary to leave.  It was our only choice. 

I won't be saying anything more about Denmark after this post.  It was a beautiful place, we all loved it very much, the people on the island where we lived were wonderful and we miss them.  We were all very, very sad to leave, but we're happy to be back in the USA now, too.

In the future, I'll get back to the original - and more apt - object of this blog, and that is to talk about art and painting and animals, and the beautifully agonizing attempts to capture what I see before me onto a canvas. 

I've not been painting much lately, so I have a lot of catching up to do.  My next project is going to be a chocolate-colored minpin painting for a very special person we met at the airport in Seattle, who went way, way above the duties of his job to help out my daughter and her family as they arrived in the USA with many of their and our pets and as much as they could carry with them.  I'll post the painting just as soon as it's finished.

No comments: