Thursday, February 23, 2012

Robin Bird in Oregon Forest

This acrylic painting of a robin in the Oregon woods is second in my 30-day personal challenge to become a better painter.    It came together pretty well, and I'm happy with it.  I see a couple of small flaws that I'll probably go back in sometime and fix (as in if someone buys the original!), but for the most part I feel it came out well.  I was able to focus on the important big matters in the painting instead of getting all tied up in tiny, minute details. In other words, I didn't paint every single feather, which has often been my tendency.

Okay, off to paint the third one.  I don't even know what it will be yet; but since several people have submitted photos that I can use in paintings, I better get started on one of those!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we all tend to doubt or second guess our abilities at things we are passionate about. The most important thing is that what you do makes you happy! A long time ago I used to do counted crossstitch....if it was something I thought was beautiful or made me excited about the finished product...I would work tirelessly until it was finished and then catch myself looking at it with pride.....but I knew that the back of it was never as perfect looking as some of other's work I had seen....to me it was a big tangled mess. But still I was very proud of what I had done....mistakes and all....I was the only one who knew! My point is your paintings are beautiful!!! It sounds like Spring and Summer are calling your name!! :) maybe a paint a Bluebird in a Dogwood tree..a nest with eggs! That is a definite sign of spring and a fresh start! Oh and I could never imagine painting that fast! I love all the details! But the bird is beautiful! :). Cyndi