Saturday, June 9, 2012

Haystack Rock, Oregon Coast, Painting

This is a painting of Haystack Rock, just off the Oregon coast, at Cannon Beach.  My family and I went there a few months ago and couldn't have chosen a better day to go.  Plus, it was a bit late in the day, so we stayed until sunset.  I sketched and photographed the scene depicted in this painting just as the sun was setting.  It was so beautiful, and I've done my best to communicate the peacefulness, calm, and beauty of that special evening.  Hope you like it.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not stopping doing dog and other animal paintings, but I certainly do want to throw a landscape into the mix every chance I get, too.  It was a bit intimidating to tackle this one, but I'm quite pleased with the results.  Hope I can do it again with my next landscape!

No comments: