Monday, March 31, 2014

Another Sweet Little Pig Painting

Several months ago I did another pig painting and found it so challenging that I decided to do another one (and I have some more planned, too).  This little sweetie is on a green background.  The original painting (available at the time of this post) is an 11x14x3/4" acrylic painting on stretched canvas, wired and ready to hang).   How any human being could eat one of these beautiful, intelligent animals is beyond me - but that's another post!

I am currently still finishing up the custom cat painting, which I expect will be done in just a couple more days.  Then I'm going to be doing a landscape painting, I think, one I've been planning to do for a long time - of a countryside scene in France, a late-afternoon scene with amazing colors in it!  It's a just-for-fun painting -- well, they'll all just for fun, but some are more so than others!

I'm still doing my ceramic pieces but at a slower pace than I was before.  I still like to do them, but I've been missing painting as much as I like to, so I've gone back to concentrating more efforts on the paintings.  I'll probably change again, though.  I always do.

1 comment:

Jill Steele said...

Dottie,
You are a brilliant artist! Love your work!!! Do you have the "another sweet little pig painting" in a reprint available? I couldn't agree with you more in not being able to eat them!! I am vegan and couldn't imagine such an atrocity!
Also, I am looking to open a gift store in Castle Rock called "Animals Rock!" and am looking for some artists I can buy wholesale from to resell.

Please let me know above. Thanks you! Jill Steele, jksteele531@msn.com, 303.332.4125