Friday, August 22, 2014

New Cow Painting Started

I started a new cow painting yesterday.  I haven't been doing much painting lately, and I was starting to feel withdrawal symptoms; so with all I have to do now related to my trip, I started a beautiful Jersey cow painting.  She's a Jersey cow that I photographed a few months ago at a very small dairy farm about 60 miles south of Portland.  I don't know if I'll finish her before I leave, but I'll do my best.  However, she probably won't go up for sale until I return a little after mid-October.

The painting is so far done with acrylic paints on a 16x20x3/4" stretched canvas.  If I feel I have time, I might finish the painting off with oil paints.  I love the simplicity, speed, and ease of clean-up with acrylic paints, but to "top off" a painting with oil paints really gives it an extra punch of color and vivacity.  This is not to say I can't achieve the same results with acrylic paints, but the oils make it a little easier -- and they go on oh so smoothly.

No comments: