Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Borzoi Portrait

This is a painting I did of one of the borzoi's owned by a friend of mine. They're beautiful dogs, I think. I have another photo she sent me that I'll be doing before too long of one of her other pups, who's standing in a pond - a very elegant pose. I think it'll be on a large canvas, though.

Today I'm working on another cat: My cat, actually, whose name is Eliza Doolittle. She's a beautiful and very, very sweet slightly plump calico kitty, who's about five years old now. We adopted her when she was one, and she was so overweight at the time that when she lay on her side, her legs stuck out in the air. She's still "big-boned" but a much more reasonable weight now. She and our three little dogs all get along very well, except our pomeranian/pekingese mix torments her mercilessly, and she just complains and jumps out of his reach. What a sweetheart she is.

Well, I got way off the topic of the borzoi painting, but it was at the same time a reasonable segue in tomorrow's (or the next day's) painting, anyway.

No comments: