Monday, February 15, 2010

A Macaw painted by my daughter, Lara Aguilera-Mogensen

Here's a painting done by my daughter, Lara, recently.  She doesn't have a blog yet, so I'm taking the liberty of listing a few of her paintings on my blog until she does - so I can show off her work, of course!

This is a parrot, obviously, a macaw, I think.  We had for many, many years another kind of parrot, a blue-fronted Amazon, named Jolie.  She was a sweetheart with a voice that would break crystal!  But we loved her very, very much.  She left us, though, and went to live with some neighbors who had several Amazons, with whom she immediately bonded.  Fickle bird!  No, really, she was much happier because she was alone, with only us as companions, and she's much happier now with all the other parrots.  We were really boring, I think, and didn't appreciate her fine voice nearly as much as her other bird-friends did.  Here's Lara's website address:  http://marezidoats.com/.  The name of the site is a cute one, by the way:  Lara also teaches horseback riding (dressage specifically), and the name "marezidoats" stems from a song that my mother sang to me when I was small and that I subsequently sang to her:  It starts like this (written much, much more clearly than it's sung) Mares eat oats and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy.  A kid'll eat ivy, too, wouldn't you?"
(It sounds more like marezidoats 'n doesidoats, 'n liddlelamseadivy.  A kid'lleadivy,too,wouldn't you?)

No comments: